lunes, 12 de octubre de 2009

VA -The Complete Stax/Volt Singles 1959-1968 9 CD's



VA -The Complete Stax/Volt Singles 1959-1968 9 CD's


At nine discs and 244 tracks, 'The Complete Stax-Volt Singles: 1959-1968' is far too exhaustive for casual fans, but that's not who the set is designed for: it's made for the collector. Featuring every A-side the label released during those nine years, as well as several B-sides, the set is a definitive portrait of gritty, deep Southern soul. Many of the genre's major names - Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Carla Thomas, Booker T. & the MG's, William Bell, Rufus Thomas, the Bar-Kays, Albert King - plus many terrific one-shot wonders are showcased in terrific sound and augmented with an in-depth booklet. For any serious soul or rock collector, it's an essential set, since Stax-Volt was not only a musically revolutionary label, its roster was deep with talent, which means much of the music on this collection is first-rate. But if you only want the hits, you'll be better off with a smaller collection, since too much of this set will sound too similar, and sorting through the nine discs will be a monumental task if you only want to hear Otis, Rufus, Carla, and Sam & Dave. - AllMusic


CD1
1.The Veltones - Fool In Love
2.Carla & Rufus Thomas - 'Cause I Love You
3.Carla Thomas - Gee Whiz
4.The Chips - You Made Me Feel So Good
5.Carla Thomas - A Love Of My Own
6.The Mar-Keys - Last Night
7.Rufus & Friend - I Didn't Believe
8.Prince Conley - I'm Going Homw
9.Carla Thomas - (Mama, Mama) Wish Me Good Lick
10.The Mar-Keys - Morning After
11.Barbara Stephens - The Life I Live
12.The Mar-Keys - About Noon
13.The Triumphs - Burnt Biscuits
14.Carla Thomas - I Kinda Think He Does
15.The Mar-Keys - Foxy
16.William Bell - You Don't Miss Your Water
17.William Bell - Formula Of Love
18.Macy Skipper - Goofin' Off
19.Barbara Stephens - Wait A Minute
20.Nick Charles - Sunday Jealous
21.Barbara Stephens - That's The Way It Is With Me
22.The Tonettes - No Tears
23.The Mar-Keys - Pop-Eye Stroll
24.Nick Charles - The Three Dogwoods
25.The Canes - Why Should I Suffer With The Blues
26.The Mar-Keys - Whot's Happenin'
27.The Del-Rios - Just Across The Street
28.The Del-Rios - There's A Love
29.Rufus Thomas - Can't Ever Let You Go


CD2
1.Booker T. & The MGs - Green Onions
2.Booker T. & The MGs - Behave Yourself
3.William Bell - Any Other Way
4.Carla Thomas - I'll Bring It Home To You
5.The Mar-Keys - Sack-O-Woe
6.Otis Redding - These Arms Of Mine
7.The Tonettes - Teardrop Sea
8.Rufus Thomas - The Dog
9.Booker T. & The MGs - Jelly Bread
10.William Bell - I Told You So
11.The Mar-Keys - Bo-Time
12.Booker T. & The MGs - Home Grown
13.Deane Parker & The Valadors - My Imaginary Guy
14.William Bell - Just As I Thought
15.Carla Thomas - What A Fool I've Been
16.Eddie Kirk - The Hawg (part one)
17.Oscar Mack - Don't Be Afraid Of Love
18.Cheryl & Pam Johnson - That's My Guy
19.Booker T. & The MGs - Chinese Checkers
20.William Bell - Somebody Mentioned You Name
21.Bobby Marchan - What Can I do
22.Otis Redding - That's What My Heart Needs
23.The Astors - What Can it Be
24.Billy & The King Bees - Bango
25.Eddie Kirk - Them Bones
26.Rufus Thomas - Walking The Dog
27.William Bell - I'll Show You


CD3
1.Otis Redding - Pain In My Heart
2.Carla Thomas - Gee Whiz It's Christmas
3.Booker T. & The MGs - Mo' Onions
4.Floyd Newman - Frog Stomp
5.Rufus Thomas - Can Your Monkey Do The Dog
6.Bobby Marchan - You Won't Do Right
7.The Drapels - Wondering (When My Love Is coming Ho
8.Deane Parker - Each Step I Take
9.The Van-Dells - The Honey Dripper
10.William Bell - Who Will It Be Tomorrow
11.Otis Redding - Come To Me
12.Otis Redding - Don't Leave Me This Way
13.Eddie Jefferson - I Don't Want You Anymore
14.The Cobras - Restless
15.Rufus Thomas - Somebody Stole My Dog
16.Barbara & The Browns - Big Party
17.Rufus & Carla Thomas - That's Really Some Good
18.Rufus & Carla Thomas - Night Time Is The Right tim
19.Otis Redding - Security
20.Oscar Mack - Dream Girl
21.Dorothy Williams - Closer To My Baby
22.Carla Thomas - I've Got No Time To Lose
23.The Drapels - Young Man
24.Booker T. & The MGs - Soul Dressing
25.Wendy Rene - After Laughter (Comes Tears)
26.Ivory Joe Hunter - Can't Explain How It Happened
27.The Mar-Keys - Bush Bash
28.The Fleets - Please Return to Me


CD4
1.Rufus Thomas - Jump Back
2.Otis Redding - Chained And Bound
3.Barbara & The Browns - In My Heart
4.Johnny Jenkins - Spunky
5.Wendy Rene - Bar B Q
6.The Mad Lads - The Sidewalk Surf
7.Booker T. & The MGs - Can't Be Still
8.Carla Thomas - A Woman's Love
9.The Baracudas - Yank Me (Doodle)
10.Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love Is
11.Otis Redding - Mr. Pitiful
12.The Del-Rays - Don't Let Her Be Your Baby
13.David Porter - Can't You See When I Want To
14.Barbara & The Browns - My Lover
15.The Admirals - Got You On My Mind
16.Carla Thomas - How Do You Quit (Someone You Love)
17.Gorgeous George - Biggest Fool In Town
18.The Mar-Keys - Banana Juice
19.Rufus Thomas - Little Sally Walker
20.Sam & Dave - A Place Nobody Can Find
21.Sam & Dave - Goodnight Baby
22.Booker T. & The MGs - Boot Leg
23.Booker T. & The MGs - Outrage
24.Otis Redding - I've Been Loving You Too Long (To S
25.Otis Redding - I'm Depending On You
26.The Astors - Candy
27.Wendy Rene - Give You What I Got


CD5
1.Carla Thomas - Stop! Look What You're Doin'
2.Rufus Thomas - Willy Nilly
3.The Mad Lads - Don't Have To Shop Around
4.William Bell - Crying All By Myself
5.Sam & Dave - I Take What I Want
6.Rufus & Carla Thomas - When You Move You Lose
7.Otis Redding - Respect
8.The Premiers - Make I Me
9.Rufus Thomas - The World Is Round
10.The Astors - In The Twilight Zone
11.Sir Isaac & The Do-Dads - Blue Groove
12.Sam & Dave - You Don't Know Like I Know
13.The Mar-Keys - Grab This Thing (part one)
14.Booker T. & The MGs - Be My Lady
15.Carla Thomas - Comfort Me
16.Otis Redding - I Can't Turn You Loose
17.Otis Redding - Just One More Day
18.The Mad Lads - I Want Someone
19.Rufus & Carla Thomas - Birds & Bees
20.The Mar-Keys - Philly Dog
21.Johnnie Taylor - I Had A Dream
22.Otis Redding - Satisfaction
23.Eddie Floyd - Things Get Better
24.Ruby Johnson - I'll Run Your Hurt Away
25.The Four Shells - Hot Dog
26.Carla Thomas - Let Me Be Good To You
27.Sam & Dave - Hold On I'm Comin'


CD6
1.Albert King - Laudromat Blues
2.The Mad Lads - Sugar Sugar
3.William Bell - Share Wht You Got (But Keep What Yo
4.William Bell - Marching Off To War
5.Otis Redding - My Lover's Prayer
6.Mable John - Your Good Thing (Is About To End)
7.Johnnie Taylor - I Got To Love Somebody's Baby
8.The Mad Lads - I Want A Girl
9.Eddie Floyd - Knock On Wood
10.Carla Thomas - B-A-B-Y
11.Booker T. & The MGs - My Sweet Potato
12.Booker T. & The MGs - Bookerloo
13.Albert King - Oh, Pretty Woman
14.Sam & Dave - Said I Wasn't Gonna Tell Nobody
15.William Bell - Never Like This Before
16.Otis Redding - Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Saqd Song)
17.The Mad Lads - Patch My Heart
18.Rufus Thomas - Sister's Got A Boyfriend
19.Ruby Johnson - Come To Me My Darling
20.Ruby Johnson - When My Love Comes Down
21.Otis Redding - Try A Little Tenderness
22.Albert King - Crosscut Saw
23.Johnnie Taylor - Little Bluebird
24.Johnnie Taylor - Toe Hold
25.Booker T. & The MGs - Jingle Bells


CD7
1.Sam & Dave - You Got Me Hummin'
2.Mable John - You're Taking Up Another Man's Place
3.Carla Thomas - All I Want For Christmas Is You
4.The Charmels - Please Uncle Sam (Send Back My Man)
5.Carla Thomas - Something Good (Is Going To Happen
6.Eddie Floyd - Raise Your Hand
7.Johnnie Taylor - Ain't That Loving You (For More R
8.The Mad Lads - I Don't Want To Lose Your Love
9.Sam & Dave - When Something's Wrong With My Baby
10.Bobby Wilson - Let Me Down Slow
11.Booker T. & The MGs - Hip Hug Her
12.William Bell - Everybody Loves A Winner
13.Sir Mack Rice - Mini-Skirt Minnie
14.Carla Thomas - When Tomorrow Comes
15.Eddie Purrell - The Spoiler
16.Otis Redding - I Love You More Than Words Can Say
17.Ruby Johnson - If I Ever Needed Love (I Sure Do Ne
18.Mable John - Same Time Same Place
19.Otis & Carla - Tramp
20.The Bar-Kays - Soul Finger
21.The Bar-Kays - Knucklehead
22.Otis Redding - Shake
23.Albert King - Born Under A Bad Sign
24.Sam & Dave - Soothe Me
25.Sam & Dave - I Can't Stand Up
26.Eddie Floyd - Don't Rock The Boat


CD8
1.The Mad Lads - My Inspiration
2.Sir Mack Rice - Love Sickness
3.Rufus Thomas - Sophisticated Sissy
4.Carla Thomas - I'll Always Have Faith In You
5.Jeanne & The Darlings - How Can You Mistreat The O
6.Eddie Floyd - Love Is A Doggone Good Thing
7.Booker T. & The MGs - Groovin'
8.Booker T. & The MGs - Slim Jenkin's Place
9.Otis Redding - Glory Of Love
10.Mable John - I'm A Big Girl Now
11.Mable John - Wait You Dog
12.Johnnie Taylor - You Can't Get Away From it
13.William Bell - Eloise (Hang On In There)
14.Itis & Carla - Knock On Wood
15.C. L. Blast - I'm Glad To Do It
16.C. L. Blast - Double Up
17.Judy Clay - You Can't Run Away From Your Heart
18.The Charmels - I'll Gladly Take You Back
19.Sam & Dave - Soul Man
20.The Astors - Daddy Didn't Tell Me
21.The Bar-Kays - Give Everybody Some
22.Eddie Floyd - On A Saturday Night
23.Mable John - Don't Hit Me No More
24.Johnnie Taylor - Somebody's Sleeping In My Bed
25.Booker T. & The MGs - Winter Snow
26.William Bell - Everyday Will Be Like A Holiday
27.Johnny Daye - What'll I Do For Satisfaction
28.Carla Thomas - Pick Up The Pieces


CD9
1.Rufus Thomas - Down Ta My House
2.The Charmels - As Long As I've Got You
3.Jeanne & The Darlings - Soul Girl
4.Albert King - Cold Feet
5.Sam & Dave - I Thank You
6.Sam & Dave - Wrap It Up
7.Otis Redding - The Dock Of The Bay
8.The Memphis Nomads - Don't Pass Your Judgement
9.Otis & Carla - Lovey Dovey
10.Ollie & The Nightingales - I Got A Sure thing
11.Eddie Floyd - Big Bird
12.The Bar-Kays - A Hard Day's Night
13.Johnnie Taylor - Next Time
14.William Bell - A Tribute to A King
15.William Bell - Every Man Oughta Have A Woman
16.Mable John - Able Mable
17.Rufus Thomas - The Memphis Train
18.Rufus Thomas - I Think I Made A Boo Boo
19.Jeanne & The Darlings - What Will Later On Be Like
20.Jeanne & The Darlings - Hang Me Now
21.Derek Martin - Soul Power
22.Linda Lyndell - Bring Your Love to Me
23.Carla Thomas - A Dime A Dozen
24.The Mad Lads - Whatever Hurts You
25.Otis Redding - The Happy Song (Dum Dum)
26.Albert King - (I Love) Lucy
27.Johnnie Taylor - I Ain't Particular













Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/277082806/VASTAX.part01.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277083523/VASTAX.part02.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277084807/VASTAX.part03.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277092025/VASTAX.part04.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277092680/VASTAX.part05.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277094288/VASTAX.part06.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277101548/VASTAX.part07.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277102293/VASTAX.part08.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277103782/VASTAX.part09.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277110938/VASTAX.part10.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277111736/VASTAX.part11.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277113061/VASTAX.part12.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277120708/VASTAX.part13.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277121694/VASTAX.part14.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277122937/VASTAX.part15.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/277082046/VASTAX.part16.rar

Link checked on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:32 pm (GMT) [Linkchecker Bot]


0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario